Trump-Kennedy Center vandalism suspect sought by FBI in ice rink attack

Trump-Kennedy Center vandalism suspect sought by FBI in ice rink attack


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Surveillance video and images of a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink were released Saturday as federal authorities investigate what officials described as a “targeted attack.”

Trump-Kennedy Center President and Ambassador Richard Grenell shared the footage on social media and urged the public to help identify the suspect.

“Help us find this terrorist suspect who attacked the Trump Kennedy Center,” he wrote.

He added: “Notice his shoes and his umbrella.”

TRUMP–KENNEDY CENTER DETAILS MASSIVE REPAIRS, WARNS VENUE WON’T SURVIVE WITHOUT FIXES

Trump-Kennedy Center vandalism suspect sought by FBI in ice rink attack

Surveillance images released Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, show a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink. (Richard Grenell via X)

U.S. Park Police have obtained video footage, recovered what officials described as a toxic chemical container for DNA processing, and are reviewing cellphone tower data. Investigators are also canvassing nearby cameras, including Metro bus footage showing the suspect. The FBI is assisting in the investigation.

The Trump-Kennedy Center previously described the incident as a “calculated, malicious attack.”

Roma Daravi, vice president of public relations for the Trump-Kennedy Center, said in a statement to Fox News Digital on Friday: “Today, a targeted attack on the Trump Kennedy Center vandalized and destroyed our outdoor arena, causing severe damage that we unfortunately must cancel tonight’s performance, but we are working feverishly to complete repairs so programming can resume tomorrow.”

TRUMP’S NAME ADDED TO KENNEDY CENTER FOLLOWING UNANIMOUS BOARD VOTE TO RENAME HISTORIC BUILDING

Split image shows dark substance and skaters rehearsing outdoors

A split image provided exclusively to Fox News Digital shows a dark substance spread across the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink alongside skaters rehearsing before the performance was canceled. Officials said video footage has been turned over to authorities. (Courtesy of the Trump-Kennedy Center)

She added: “We have turned over video footage to the authorities who are investigating this calculated, malicious attack and hold those responsible accountable.”

Officials said a brown-black substance was poured across the ice surface and that a gallon-sized container was left behind. Leadership described the substance as “toxic.” The exact chemical has not been publicly identified.

The Trump-Kennedy Center confirmed to Fox News Digital that U.S. Park Police are investigating and surveillance video was also offered to the FBI for review.

BOARD VOTES KENNEDY CENTER TO BE RENAMED ‘TRUMP-KENNEDY CENTER,’ LEAVITT SAYS

split image between toxic chemical and surveillance video of suspect

Surveillance footage released Feb. 21, 2026, shows a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink, authorities said. (Courtesy of the Trump-Kennedy Center)

Daravi later said authorities recovered the chemical container and are reviewing digital and cellphone data as part of the probe.

In a separate post linking to Fox News Digital’s exclusive reporting on the incident, Grenell wrote:

“This is so sad & unnecessary— @TheDemocrats have been calling artists urging them to cancel and attacking the Center non-stop. It’s a calculated campaign. And now they have mentally unstable people taking action – and vandalizing the Center. We’ve seen serious death threats and constant harassment. Commonsense Democrats must speak up before this violence takes a life.”

KENNEDY CENTER BLASTS ‘FAR-LEFT BIAS’ IN RATINGS COVERAGE, POINTS TO NO. 1 DEMOGRAPHICS TIE

No suspect has been publicly identified. Authorities have not publicly released a motive.

The vandalism forced the cancellation of a scheduled performance at the outdoor rink.

suspect accused of vandalizing ice rink at Trump-Kennedy Center

Video released Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, shows a suspect tied to what officials described as a “targeted attack” at the Trump-Kennedy Center. (Richard Grenell via X)

Officials previously stated that violence “will not be tolerated” and said those responsible would be held accountable.

The board of trustees voted unanimously in December 2025 to rename the facility “The Donald J. Trump and The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts.” 

President Donald Trump was later elected chairman of the board.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Saturday.

Ambassador Grenell is urging anyone with information to call 202-416-7900 or reach out to U.S. Park Police.



Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *