PA MediaNottingham Forest have held a minute’s silence in memory of teenager Joshua Travis who was fatally hit by a train in Nottinghamshire.
The 14-year-old, who was a former academy player at the club, died on Wednesday evening when he was struck in Burton Joyce.
Joshua’s death is not being treated as suspicious, the British Transport Police (BTP) said. Inquiries by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) are ongoing.
On Sunday, players and supporters observed a minute’s silence at Forest’s City Ground ahead of their Premier League game against Brighton.
Players from both sides also wore black armbands.
British Transport PoliceIn a tribute on social media, Forest said they were “deeply saddened” by the death of Joshua, who previously an academy goalkeeper.
A number of Nottinghamshire-based clubs also paid tribute.
Aspire FC, based in Gedling, said Joshua was a “fantastic goalkeeper and a great character”, adding he made a real impact in his age group at the club.
The club said it postponed all games at the weekend out of respect for Joshua and had set up an online fundraiser to support his family.
In a statement released through the BTP on Saturday, Joshua’s family said he was “a lad with an incredible energy for life, an infectious and mischievous smile, kind sparkling eyes, and so much love to give”.

A number of floral tributes were also left at the scene at the Chestnut Grove footpath level crossing in Burton Joyce, which was closed to the public for an initial 21 days.
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch said it was carrying out a preliminary investigation into the fatal incident.
A spokesperson for the RAIB said a decision on any further action in relation to the matter would be taken once evidence gathered by inspectors had been reviewed.
Network Rail’s route director for the East Midlands Mark Budden said: “Safety is our top priority and we are fully supporting the RAIB as part of their ongoing inquiries.”

